This is the time of year I feel where it makes sense to make recipes that are healthy and use ingredients that are interchangeable with lunch or dinner ideas for the week. Recently, I had the opportunity to take two of my favorites and create them for several cooking sessions that I had this week. The point I wanted to push with the attendees is that: when using certain ingredients to make a recipe, try prepping for your next dish. While both salads are quite different, some of the fresh vegetables we used in either recipe or can be used to create another recipe while you are chopping away. Some people try this once a week; cook dinner for 2-3 nights in a day. What’s your easiest meal solution that you make at home and how do you use the ingredients for multiple recipes? Let us know…Thanks and ciao
Tabouli Salad (Serves 6)
- 1 cup Bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup roasted garlic oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp garlic chopped fine
- dash cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup green pepper diced fine
- ¼ cup orange pepper diced fine
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- ¼ cup black olives chopped
- In a medium bowl, pour water over Bulgur wheat. Let sit for 20.mins.
- In a bowl or blender combine the next 5 ingredients.
- Mix the Bulgur wheat and vegetables toss with the vinaigrette.
Best if refrigerated for 1 hour before serving.